4. How do you communicate with your clients?
Lack of communication is frustrating. When you invest in a hesitant, unwilling or incompetent agency that won’t answer your questions directly, you may end up wasting your time and money. If you are asking tough questions but getting a roundabout speech from your marketing agency, this means they are hiding something. That’s why it’s worth asking upfront how your marketing company communicates with its clients.
5. Never underestimate collaboration and communication
Different factors determine success, whether it’s ROI or customer retention. When screening a graphic design agency, ask them how they measure digital marketing results. This question may have multiple implications, but it should provoke a conversation that focusses on the objectives and metrics of your digital marketing campaign. Let’s break it down:
• What the marketing campaign should accomplish? It can be anything from sales leads, free trials or seminar registrations.
• How the data corresponds to the identified goals? There should be supporting metrics like website traffic, content consumed and abandoned shopping carts that are being tracked.
• What real-world results can deem success or failure? If you are focusing on revenue-focused programs, make sure the digital agency you hire is able to track cost per acquisition, revenue generated, and gross profit.
6. What tools or technologies do you use?
A good digital marketing agency relies heavily on software (SaaS) to conduct research, track results, create reports and manage projects. When you are looking for a digital agency, try to understand their commitment when it comes to investing in digital tools. Ask them for a list of tools they use.
Recognise the bizarre names of tools they list. Confirm whether these tools cater to your business needs. And if they give you a list of free tools with minimal functionality, that means they are not taking their responsibilities seriously. This is because free tools aren’t always great when you want to achieve the best work.